Solution Architect - Finance
The post holder will review the Trust’s current Finance processes and support the design and future development of an automated Finance system. The position will be the lead role in the design and delivery of Finance system solutions across the Trust on behalf of the Head of Finance Systems, Director of Procurement, Head of Warehouse and Logistics and the CFO.
The post holder will be an autonomous practitioner guided by organisational and broad occupational policies. They will be responsible for all the architectural artefacts (e.g. technical diagrams, application inventory) business process mapping, requirements gathering (technical and non-technical) for our Finance systems infrastructure. This critical information will then be used in design blueprints and technical specifications. The post holder will use their expert knowledge and experience in the field to scope the Trust’s requirements ensuring best value for The post holder will play a leading role in overseeing and shaping the Trust’s current and money and will be responsible for the decision making on Finance processes and design.
Represent Finance Systems, Procurement, Warehouse and the Trust as the Solution Architect and subject matter expert in the provision and execution of all matters relating to Finance process, analysis, architectural and process design.
Additionally, the post holder may be required to provide Finance business analysis to meet the business needs of the Trust, driving innovation and research, value for money, quality, performance, security and efficiency.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: Trust IT/clinical systems Development teams, Trust Directors, Trust Executives, Finance, HR, Purchasing & Inventory Operational and Departmental Managers, IT Services.
External: Finance and IT system vendors, business partners and customers for whom UHB provides a service including local, regional and national healthcare providers.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the design and build the UHB Finance “template” focusing on key integration points, strategic business requirements and alignment to the wider Finance Systems and IT roadmaps.
- Responsible for the configuration of the UHB Finance template (and for any approved change requests).
- Responsibility for leading the Finance business process mapping / requirements exercises with nominated Business Analyst.
- Responsible for the creation and ownership of the UHB Finance functional and technical specifications, to cover enhancements, interfaces and data migration aligned to the UHB Architectural Principles and strategy.
- Responsible for the documents strategies; and develops, coordinates and executes standards, policies, methods and procedures for Finance business processes.
- Responsible for Finance data migration activities i.e. cost centres, profit centres, GL accounts, open items, etc.
- Provide architectural guidance and governance to Finance systems and relevant project teams, producing high level solution designs, option analysis and direction to development teams in the translation of the preferred solution into detailed technical specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate record of architectural artefacts, materials used, expected deliverables, and milestones achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring that all architectural solution milestones are delivered on time, to budget and to quality.
- Consults with multiple business process owners to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements and levels of system access. This will require the ability to negotiate and influence highly complex and sensitive information at a senior/strategic level.
- Identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with the Finance solution architecture through the high level solution design ensuring that any identified risks are logged accordingly in the Risk Register.
- Participates and represents the Finance in the relevant Architecture Design Authorities providing input designs, thinking, guidance, and best practice in ensuring that the proposed requirements meet or exceed the strategic business requirements across Finance, Procurement, Warehouse, Finance Systems and IT.
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of configuration master data, system architecture in relation to ERP Finance modules, Chart of Accounts setup and organisational hierarchy setup and maintenance through the use of detailed process analysis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how to configure the enterprise structure within the Finance processes, i.e. account codes and organisational hierarchy master data.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Vendor master data e.g. vendor account groups, number ranges, valuation class, creation of material master data, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of related business processes i.e. Purchase to Pay (P2P) and Materials Management transactions e.g. Purchase requisition and order, Request for Quotation, Quotation, Price comparison, Vendor section, contract, scheduling agreements, Goods receipts, Invoice receipts, Invoice verification and 3 way matching, etc.
- Analyses ERP systems technical literature and translates in terms understandable to end users.
- Setting up and maintaining the Finance interfaces with third party systems where appropriate.
- Support and advise the Enterprise Finance Architect, Finance Systems Programme Manager & project team to create the best possible solution for approved additions/requirements to the Finance template and accurately translate these into system functionality.
- Be involved in 3rd line technical support resolution as and when required to do so, eg. Resolves critical Finance system development issues which can be highly sensitive and complex.
- Lead on / responsible for additional releases of functionality, parallel related projects, designing and implementing Robotic supported processes (RPA).
- Researches, develops, and proposes both short and long-term solutions to Finance system requirements and continually stays abreast of current trends, literature, and technologies in the field of ERP management.
- Supports the project team in delivering the Finance configuration template; evaluates system requirements and implements solutions; configures, modifies, and coordinates testing of released objects.
- Provides day-to-day technical direction and leadership for Finance business processes; ability to accomplish deliverables involving complex and highly analytical tasks.
- Administers/coordinates upgrades and system patches; provides project and architectural leadership of large-scale system modifications.
- Analyses and develops requirements for enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits user needs.
- Configures the Finance Management system enhancements where appropriate.
- Analyses and evaluates Finance Management system processes and user needs.
- Executes or coordinates system integration testing; performs tests and modifies application configurations to resolve errors.
- Tracks and fully documents changes; writes detailed procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
- Responds to reports of operational problems and requests for assistance; provides operational support and implements fixes and additional features.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems.
- Provides specialist technical training to all levels of Finance users; develops user procedures and training curriculum; conducts training sessions. The post holder will be the Trust’s Subject Matter Expert and will be responsible for all testing and training relating to the new Finance ERP system.
- Coordinates and reviews new functional business requirements and determines the impact on the production environments
- Contribute to Business Cases and PID's in relation to Finance Systems projects including, but not limited to costs, resources, duration, savings and benefits.
- Identify the business benefits of alternative strategies. Assist in the development of enterprise-wide information technology architecture and processes which ensure that the strategic application of technology is embedded in the management of the organisations. Ensure compliance between business strategies and technology directions.
- Implement innovative Finance technologies that maximise benefits, while ensuring the successful delivery of technology and services to meet local and national aspirations and underpin the local modernisation, clinical and operational objectives of the Trust.
- Work closely with Finance, IT and Purchasing operational managers to ensure business process automation is utilised to support service improvement opportunities for clinical, operational and administrative processes.
- Continuously monitor and review disruptive and emerging technologies and services and work to mitigate risk and embrace benefits from such.
- Monitor the activities of external architects, programmers or developers on Finance Systems application / IT solution projects.
- Render consulting and technical support services on project implementation to the project team, providing quality assurance and expertise as needed.
- Develop and deploy mechanisms that lead to positive relationships between the Trust and suppliers and the development of the commercial relationships using highly developed negotiating skills.
- Responsible for ensuring the security and integrity of all data held within systems meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Act (UK GPDR) and Caldecott Guidelines.